Saturday, August 25, 2012

Final Days

Well I will keep this post on the short side. As I clocked out I was really excited. It meant my summer was coming to a close and I would see my older sister in just a few short days. As I walked out to the back dock I was rewarded with a pie to the face. It was kind of shocking. I know what your thinking, picture? Well a picture should show up on facebook one of these days.
I had a few days before Tori was to pick me up, so it was off camping with my boss and a couple of others. We shot a few guns, went snipe hunting, enjoyed a warm fire, and got fried at Hume Lake. Hume is a dame made lake that was constructed for logging way back in the day. Now a large Christian camp owns the land and is open to the public to come and enjoy its beaches. Even though I got a bad sun burn it was a blast because it has a large Sequoia cut that was left from the logging days. It hasn't rotted away because Sequoia's have anti-rotting chemicals. Anyways, it was a lot of fun. It was so large we couldn't even get it turned around.
Few of the guns we shot
After a couple of days of camping it was finally time for Tori to show up. We hung out, went hiking, and enjoyed the Sierra Nevada mountains. I had a blast and it was good to catch up with Tori.
Sunset on Moro Rock
After a couple days of exploring we headed back to Cal city. Just like that my summer adventure was over. I had a great time and I hope to visit those beautiful mountains again in the future. This will be my last post. Thank you all for you support and prayers.      

1 comment:

  1. Your last post!?!? Sad day! It has been amazing following along with you on your adventures this summer and seeing what an impact you can have on others in such a short time. Even in my brief visit, I could tell you had made a difference in the lives of your coworkers. I hope you continue to follow God's calling no matter what adventure He leads you to next. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete