Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Title!

Hey everyone! Just under three weeks until this amazing adventure comes to an end. As the end draws near, the anticipation becomes greater and greater. Sorry to the rest of you, but I must say I am looking forward to seeing my sister, Tori, the most. It has been over a year now and then she is leaving for another year! Makes my few months look like child's play. lol
So anyways, let me tell you a little more about my repetitive life here in SNP. Living conditions could be better. Living dorm style with incredibly dirty and messy people can be, well annoying. No matter how often I clean, it seems like dirt, trash, and other various stuff is everywhere. It can be very frustrating. Have you ever cleaned something repetitively that is still never clean? If you every have the choice, don't. I never get the satisfaction of looking at my work and being able to say, "that looks nice, I accomplished my task." I have this same problem with the store. The showers must be cleaned each and every day. The trash is always full, and the wood always needs more to the pile.  
Along with the never ending tasks, the visitors here are mind boggling. To give you an idea I'll just explain what happened today. A customer came into the store complaining that his shower would not turn on. We get this complaint several times a day and almost every time it is simply because they did not turn the nobs or they did not put enough quarters in the machine. So, I asked the man, "did you try turning the knobs?" He gave me a dirty look as to say, "what, do you think I am that stupid?" After returning to his shower, it just so happened that that was the problem. He had not turned the knobs. By this time the scheduled ten minutes had almost gone by, so he got a very short shower. He promptly came back into the store demanding a refund. Oh, these people. I'm not quite sure what to say about them. Are they annoying or are the just humorous? I guess it just depends on the day.
These are just a couple of situations I go through daily. Just wanted to give you a better idea. God's simple command to love everyone can sometimes be the hardest thing to do, but on the same side of the coin, it is incredible to see first hand what love can really do to an individual. I can not put it into words. My greatest mission here. To love no matter what.         

No comments:

Post a Comment